Friday, August 30, 2013

Smoothie Experiments

So, I recently bought a "Shake & Take" single-serve blender online and thought why not try something different to shake and blend! I went to the grocery store and find some things I like for a healthy smoothie. I got some bananas, strawberries, celery stalks, and yogurt. I find it weird to add celery to the mix but a friend mentioned you would barely taste it. I also read somewhere that it is good to add some veggies into your fruit smoothie to add minerals and nourishment that you need. 

So here's what I have for ingredients.
1 Medium Banana
4 Large Strawberries
1 Celery Stalk
6 Cucumber Slices 
Strawberry Yogurt
6 Ice Cubes

Just cut them all up and put in the blender. Shake until everything is nice and smooth. Super easy!



And it's true! I can barely taste the cucumber and celery. So if you are not fond of these vegetables,  this is a great way to add them to your diet. =) I think I will try mango and ginger combo next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment