Saturday, August 3, 2013

Camouflage Nails


Whenever I want to try something new, I always consult my pal Google who knows everything. Lately, hubby-to-be and I were very much into camouflage color scheme. So, I decided to do camouflage colored nails. I wasn't sure how to so I consulted the ever reliable Google. To my dismay, there isn't one that would show me how. So I thought I'd make my own camouflage nails tutorial.

And here it goes..

What you'll need

1. Dark  green nail polish*
2. Lighter green polish
3. Yellow polish*
4. Black polish*
5. Clear top coat
5. Small brush or toothpick or nail art polish in the colors with *



You can also have real camo color scheme (brown, light brown, dark green, and black) but these are what's available to me at the moment and I like how the yellow brightens it up.

First, I coated my nails with the lighter shade of green. You can also apply your favorite base coat beforehand.


Next, I took my yellow nail art polish to make a few irregular shaped blots on my nails. If you have a regular polish, you can also use a small brush or a toothpick.






Do the same for the dark green polish...


And the black polish..


Place the random blots in a way that they complement the whole look.

If some blots became too thick, let it dry a little bit before putting a top coat to avoid smudging your design.

Voila! You now have your camo nails! ;-)



Sometimes, I like to do just one or two nails on each hand to let the design pop out more or so it will not look too busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment