Sunday, August 11, 2013

Crepe Samurai ala Cafe Juanita


Cafe Juanita at Burgos Circle, to me, is a go-to place when I want (or sometimes,  need) some feel-good comfort food. The ambiance is also nice with a boho gypsy-ish style.

Today I thought,  I try to create my own crepe samurai. Here's s photo I took the last time we were there.

Crepe Samurai is the one in the small  bowl in the middle

Here are the ingredients I used:

The whipping cream isn't cold when I took this photo so it looks quite runny here
How to assemble:
Prepare what you need. I used a glass pan so that I can torch it later without worrying about the container.
Layer your crepe on the pan with half of it hanging out. You can use a knife to cut the corners if needed. 
Put your mangoes in.

Fold in the hanging part of your crepe and top with whipped cream. Cover with cling wrap and chill until set.

Sprinkle sugar on top. Be careful in doing this because it is easy to put a lot of sugar in.  I normally spoon the sugar to a sifter so it more even throughout the top. Torch it slightly until the top turns brown. It is best to use white sugar because darker ones tends to burn easily. 

Tadaaah, my Crepe Samurai is now ready!  =) Fiance approves! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment