Thursday, September 12, 2013

Smoothie Experiment No. 3

Isn't it obvious? I am officially obsessing on smoothies lately. I think it's partly because I now have a Shake 'n Take blender that I can carry around anywhere I go.  So I just go blending and shaking all things I like and sometimes adding in a little bit of something I don’t like. The taste blends away with the other fruits and veggies in it so I really don't taste it. Plus, some stuff with strong flavor like ginger and celery adds a nice spice to the smoothie. It is not overpowering if you add just a little. In contrary, it makes your drink taste fresh! J

Here is another one of my smoothie experiments.

Ingredients:
1 Nestle Fruit Selection Yogurt, Strawberry
1 baby carrot
½ cucumber, peeled, but you may choose not to peel if you like
2 small bananas
1/2 cup cold water
(I would like to add a short stalk of celery but didn't have it this time)


I placed all these ingredients in the fridge the day before so they are nice and cold. I did not put any more ice cubes. I just cut them all up and put in the blender. And this is what it looks like.



You might be wondering why I always have bananas in my smoothies. Well, I like that they sweeten the smoothies without having to add sugar to it. It also makes the consistency nice and creamy. 

Here's what my blender looks like. I can't seem to take a photo of it that doesn't make it look so tall so I just took this from Google. ;)

Credits to Photo Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment