Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Christmas Cake

It has been a while since I last posted something here. It was Christmas and I got tied up with cramming over completing all the presents I need to buy.

I guess it is too late for Christmas Gift ideas now. haha! But one thing that will still be applicable is to start early next year. Will surely do that! :)

Aside from that, I was also busy with perfecting some cakes for the holidays.

Here is my Christmas version of the Chocoholic's Cake.



I added around 10 to 15 drops of mint to the ganache recipe. It is really up to you how much mint you would want. If you want just a hint, I say start with 5 drops and add a few drops at a time to adjust the potency. I use this peppermint emulsion in my ganache.



To make the green drizzling on top, you just mix 1 part cream 3 parts white chocolate and melt over a double boiler. Add a drop of green food coloring. Be careful not to add a lot the first time. It would be easier to darken a lightly colored ganache rather than lighten a darker one. I used a toothpick to get a few of the food coloring to avoid the danger of having the whole thing pour over your melted chocolate. Then, add a few drops of mint.  I used a piping bag to create the drizzle.

And there you are, a sweet treat for a the chocomint lovers! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment