Monday, July 22, 2013

My Weight Loss Program: Day 1 Gone Bad

Not a very successful diet day. Although I was able to limit my food intake I am not sure if I can say the same about the calorie count.

Here is what I planned for my meals for this week. 

Breakfast:

1/2 cups muesli (230 calories)
1 cup coffee (90 calories)

Lunch:

Fresh cucumber and baby carrots (200 calories)
grilled fish (123 calories)

Dinner

corn on the cob (365 calories)

These can also be substituted with other food items of the same kind. You can replace muesli with oatmeal and add some dried fruits and nuts to it. You can have other veggies to go with a lean protein for lunch.  And salad for dinner instead of corn as long as you keep your calorie intake to 1,200 in a day at a minimum. Taking less can be harmful to your health. Although, some people might be doing it but you have to be sure to get a doctor's advice first.

This meal plan is only 1,008 calories so I can still sneak in 100 calorie snacks in between. You can use this site to check the calorie count of the food you eat. caloriecount.about.com/calories-bobs-red-muesli-old-country-i126945

So this is my planned calorie intake for today which didn't really happen. =( I ended up consuming a lot more calories in the morning, skipping lunch, having fastfood at 4:30 in the afternoon. Dinner was the only meal I can be proud of. I had fish and vegetables.

I felt quite guilty eating fastfood earlier so I went to do a ten minute jump rope to help burn 135 calories in 10 minutes. It is also a good cardio workout for me. www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/express/jump-rope-workouts/

So, day one did not exactly went as planned. But I am sticking to this meal plan and will try to do the jump rope workout regularly along with this diet and let's see what happens.


Facts:
Muesli is good for breakfast because it is high on fiber and energy. the combination of oats, barley, various nuts and seeds makes it a god alternative to cereals which usually has high sugar contents.




No comments:

Post a Comment