Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Birthday Gift Ideas for the Bros

In line with the fact the today is my younger brother's birthday; I am incorporating you as I ponder upon what gift I should be giving him. As a side effect, you might also like the ideas that I would come upon in this post.

Of course, it is important to always consider the receivers wants and wishes in obtaining a gift. I hope you find this helpful.

1. Perfume/Cologne - My brother is the kind of person who doesn’t really buy his own cologne or perfume but uses one if available. If you have a brother like mine, this one could be a great gift. If your brother is a regular aficionado of scented spritz-y liquids, then you may want to give him something to add to his collection or introduce him to a new scent you found.

2. Wallet - You know how a man's wallet never leaves the back pocket of his jeans? They wear out easily because of this and by the end of the year some stitches are undone and it is no longer nice to look at. And it is not often for men to go shopping for a wallet so he might appreciate a new one.
3. Watch - This could be a little bit grand but hey, it’s his birthday. And watches makes great gift because they are useful. You just have to match the watch's appearance to the style of your bro and for sure you'll find it perfect on his wrist.

4. Basketball - It’s a good gift for the athletic and basketball fanatic brothers out there. But mine is not. I am still considering giving him a ball, though, to encourage him to become more fit and eventually be in a better shape.

5. Gadget - What kind of brother would not want a gadget of some kind? Especially for the music lover bros, anything for mp3 players (although, this function might always be included in their smart phones, it is still good to have something exclusive to use for jogging, working out, or just hanging out) to portable speakers will be appreciated. Gaming stuff also works if your brother is into that.

6. Toys - Boys will always be boys, find something that interests him. Even the big boys will love toys that remind them of their tender years. Some can also be fanatic for Lego and Hot Wheels. My brother is not very into collecting, but remote - control cars and helicopters still thrills him.

7. Backpack - Active lifestyle will require you to have some sort of pocket that holds all the things essential for your day. From cell phones to extra pair of socks, these backpacks will be something that your brother could use every day. Choose a cool design and you are good to go.
8. Book - Does your brother read? Sorry, but I find that sisters are the one into books. Still, I know my brother indulges himself to a light reading every now and then so I put it in my list. I'll just have to find a good book for him. J

9. Coin Bank - Particularly a good gift for someone who is a careful spender or a compulsive buyer. This will help him save up for any occasion.

10. T-Shirt - This is the last item because this is normally what I would get for him when I ran out of ideas. But he always loves great designs.

As you know, as I write this, I am pondering what would be a good gift this year for my younger brother. He has a particular interest in music and cars. I was hoping to find a Hot Wheels model of the car that he was dreaming to have but I gotta find a supernumerary idea if I would not be able to find one. I'll update you what I decide to go with. 

Update:
It was so funny because I was not able to find something I would really like to give my brother that belongs in the 10 items I've listed. I ended up buying a Rastaclat bracelet for him. It looks like this:

Rastaclat McFly Gray and Mint (photo grabbed from the internet)
But it was a good choice because he liked it so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment